Vision and Values
We are a welcoming and friendly school which nurtures and cares for each pupil. Children enjoy coming to school and we aim to make learning exciting and fun. Hazel Slade is a happy and safe school where pupils are encouraged to be confident, independent and curious about the world we live in. We work in partnership with parents and carers to ensure every child achieves the very best they can, enriching their learning and ensuring their wellbeing.
Our motto is:
…and we strive to achieve excellence in all we do.
Our Four Core Values are:
We care for each other and our school
We learn together to achieve our best
We develop all our abilities and talents
We learn through a fun and enjoyable experience
The school aims to serve its community by providing education of the highest quality. We seek to encourage an understanding of the meaning and significance of promoting Fundamental British values through the experiences we offer
all our pupils.
In our School we have:
· Are well looked after through robust and embedded safeguarding practices
· Show kindness and respect to each other and the wider community
· Are honest, resilient and positive
· Are praised and rewarded at all levels
· Are proud of all they do
· Have parents and carers who feel valued, supported and involved in their child’s education
· Are committed to ensuring the best possible outcomes for every child
· Are highly skilled teachers and support staff who are driven by a continued commitment to their own professional development
· Have a wide range of experiences and specialisms
· Have high expectations of everyone across all aspects of the school at all times
· Are passionate, pro-active, approachable and always strive to improve
· Demonstrate consistently good and outstanding teaching
· Uphold our academy values
· Encourage parents to be actively involved in their children’s education through the positive partnership promoted in the home school agreement.